|A 1972 Winnebago RV, the year La Mesa RV opened.|
Photo courtesy of www.winnbagoind.com
What was happening in 1972:
- The cost of gas: 55 cents per gallon.
- The Oscar for Best Picture awarded to “The Godfather”.
- The VW Beetle becomes the most popular car ever sold.
- Both the pocket calculator and digital watch were invented this year.
- President Nixon was the current US President.
- Top songs include “American Pie” by Don McClean, “Ben” by Michael Jackson, “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers and “I Can See Clearly Now” by Johnny Nash.
|Left: a kitchen inside a 1972 Winnebago model, the year La Mesa RV|
opened. Right: a present day 2012 kitchen inside the Winnebago Tour
As the years have gone by, La Mesa RV has grown expansively, opening several locations coast to coast. The original La Mesa RV moved to its present day location in San Diego in 1996, and there are now ten additional locations operating in California, Arizona, Florida and New Mexico.
Our most recent additions in the past couple years include:
- 2010: Our Dublin facility opens in the San Francisco Bay area – the second RV dealership in Northern California, after Davis.
- 2011: A full sales and service dealership opens in Albuquerque, marking our first dealership in the state of New Mexico.
- 2011: Another La Mesa RV dealership in Phoenix opens in Avondale. There are now two convenient Phoenix locations (including Mesa), plus another store in Tucson.
- 2012: Our latest addition is the West Palm Beach RV dealership, joining our Orlando location in Florida.
Recently we have added new brands to our existing line up, including Holiday Rambler, Winnebago Towables, DRV Luxury Suites and our newest addition, Cruiser RV.
The La Mesa RV experience is a unique experience. Our customers can trust that they will be treated like family with our knowledgeable sales and service teams, and have been recommending our dealerships to their friends for the past four decades.
There is one simple difference that sets La Mesa RV apart: OUR CUSTOMERS. Thanks for joining our family, and we look forward to 40 more years “Experiencing Life” together!