Here is a super easy nachos recipe you can use while camping. Nachos are one of the best feel-good foods around. If you’re in need of an easy and delicious meal that will feed the entire family and take under 15 minutes to make, look no further. Assemble your nachos to your desired flavor palette (our ingredients are just suggestions – we encourage you to tailor your toppings to your specific needs) and share the joy of cooking with the kiddos.
If you want to make the meal a little heartier, add in your favorite protein. If your diet is dairy-free, you can substitute our cheese suggestions with nut-based cheeses and sour cream with Greek yogurt. There are truly dozens of different ingredients you can add to this tasty meal, so make it your own! If you do not have an oven in your RV, you still use this nachos recipe by using a Dutch oven over your campfire.
WHAT YOU NEED:
– Cutting board
– Oven (or Dutch oven and campfire)
– Baking sheet
– 1 Bag of tortilla chips
– 1 can black beans
– Shredded cheese (or nut cheese if you’re dairy-free)
– Feta cheese
– 1 Red onion
– 1 Jalapeno
– Sour cream (or Greek yogurt if you’re dairy-free)
– 1 Avocado
– Olive oil
– Hot sauce
*Any additional toppings you like for your nachos!
1. Preheat your RV oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil/non-stick spray.
3. Place chips on baking sheet.
4. Chop jalapeno, tomato and cilantro. Slice avocado. Set aside.
5. Strainer canned black beans. Set aside.
6. Top chips with all cheese and black beans.
7. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until cheese has melted (between 6-8 minutes).
8. Take out of oven and top with onion, jalapeno, tomato, avocado, cilantro and any other toppings you desire!
9. Don’t forget your hot sauce and sour cream!
10. Enjoy our favorite nachos recipe!
We want to see what you’re doing during quarantine! Take a photo of your favorite RV recipes you’re making during COVID-19 and tagged us on Instagram for a chance to be featured on our feed. Looking for more road recipes? Check out our Chicken Taco Recipe for Any Night of the Week.